Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Air Fighters: Blackhawk #242 (Oct. 1968)


On this episode, I resurrect the Air Fighters feature to recap & comment on one of my favorite Blackhawk stories!  Issue #242 was as close as you can come to a reboot for the legendary team of aviator adventurers without actually rebooting.  Editor Dick Giordano, writers Bob Haney & Marv Wolfman and artist Pat Boyette blow-up the unsuccessful  'Junk Heap Heroes' era of the Blackhawks, dispose of the atrocious 'hero names' & appalling outfits and bring the Black Knights back to basics!

Download this episode HERE!

Scroll down to see images from these issues, and please be sure to check out previous episodes of I'm the Gun on iTunes & Google Play!

Also, I'd love to hear from you!  Email me at: imthegun@gmail.com, or hit me up on Twitter: @imthegun

Thanks for listening!

Theme created using a sample of 'Shotgun' by Duran Duran

Nazi Negative Man, from the Earth-X Doom patrol?

G.E.O.R.G.E. headquarters (and those ridiculous 'super hero' outfits) - no more!

Zinda, the Hawk Kite, and a gauntlet thrown

Origin of the Winter Soldi-- I mean Black Mask!

Frozen in mid-air as the War Wheel crashes in silence

No comments: