Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Shanna Showcase 17: Marvel Fanfare #s 58-59 (Aug.-Oct. 1991)


This time out, I'll be finishing up coverage of a 4-part Shanna solo serial, from Marvel Fanfare #s 58-59!  In this adventure, writer Steve Gerber attempts to redefine the conflict between the jungle queen's civilized nature and her wild side. To me, this is Shanna's most fascinating aspect - was Gerber successful?  Find out and -

Download this episode HERE!

Scroll down to see images from these issues, and please be sure to check out previous episodes of I'm the Gun on iTunes & Google Play!

Also, I'd love to hear from you!  Email me at: imthegun@gmail.com, or hit me up on Twitter: @imthegun

This episode's promo: Special message from Superman & Captain Marvel Power Hour!

Thanks for listening!

Theme created using a sample of 'Shotgun' by Duran Duran

Bret Blevins makes a 6-page snake struggle visually interesting

Plotting another murder

As wild as ever

Attacked by loved ones in the 'jungle of the mind'

Shanna reasserts herself

Catching some zzzzzzzs in Ananta's constricting coils

No comments: