Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Happy Halloween, Dr. Thirteen! Adventure Comics #428 (Aug. 1973)


Another Halloween means another look back at an adventure of the 'physician of phenomenology,' the 'surgeon of skepticism' (my phrases), Dr. Terrence Thirteen!  Last year around this time I spoke a bit about the good Dr.'s publishing history, and recapped a couple of his adventures - including his 1st appearance, and his confrontation with the Spectre - this year, I'll be taking a look at one of Dr. Thirteen's solo stories (in the issue of Adventure Comics that debuted Black Orchid) gorgeously illustrated by Tony Dezuniga!

Download this episode HERE!

Scroll down to see images from this issue, and please be sure to check out previous episodes of I'm the Gun on iTunes & Google Play!

Also, I'd love to hear from you!  Email me at: imthegun@gmail.com, or hit me up on Twitter: @marksweeneyjr

Thanks for listening!

This episode's promo: The Longbox Crusade

Theme created using a sample of 'Shotgun' by Duran Duran

Frightening death mask

Love the good Dr.'s ensemble

Beautifully drawn 'filler'

The murder weapon revealed

No comments: