Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sheena Showcase: Marvel Comics Super Special #34 (Oct. 1984)

This time out, I'd like to take a look at Marvel Comics Super Special #34, which was a comic adaptation of the universally panned movie, Sheena.

While the film probably deserves its horrible reputation, the comic is a fairly entertaining adventure, in great part due to the fantastic creative team - writer Cary Burkett & artist Gray Morrow.  I respect both of these talents, and they turn out some pretty decent work, considering the material.

Take a listen to an issue recap, and my thoughts HERE.  Please check out previous episodes of I'm the Gun on iTunes, and leave comments on the movie Sheena, or Marvel Comics film adaptations below.  You can also email me at imthegun@gmail.com - I'd love to hear what you have to say re: movie bombs, Cary Burkett, Gray Morrow or whatever.

Theme created using a sample of 'Shotgun' by Duran Duran.

Sheena learns to communicate telepathically w/ animals & shoot an accurate arrow in this training montage

The king - shot from behind

Sheena introduces herself . . .

. . . and then says goodbye.  Interesting choice by Cary Burkett to change Sheena's last words to Vic from 'I love you' to 'You are my man.'

They're riding a zebra, okay?

No comments: